CURBSIDE LEAF PICKUP
+++Residential Curbside Leaf Pickup ends in March!+++
City of Brandon has begun the fall leaf pickup program. Please check out the image for detailed directions. When you are ready you can submit your request online at http://www.brandonms.org/departments/public-works/citizen-works-request/ by choosing leaf pickup.
Thank you for helping keep our waterways and storm drains free of leaves, pine straw, and debris.
LIMB & DEBRIS PICKUP
REQUIREMENTS FOR PICKUP BY WASTE MANAGEMENT
- Limbs should be no larger than 5 feet long & 8 inches in diameter.
- Limb piles should be no larger than 60 pounds (approximately 4’X6’ in size).
- Limbs should be bundled neatly and placed next to garbage at curbside (do not place in street or on/in front of storm drains).
- There should be no construction material within limb piles for pickup.
- Limbs & debris will be picked up on the second pickup day of the week, unless there is an issue with what is set out.
- Yard rubbish cut by a contractor is the responsibility of the contractor to remove. City ordinance – Section 66-45.
OTHER DEBRIS & LARGE ITEMS
- Refrigerators and freezers must be drained of Freon by a licensed plumber and a sticker placed on the side by the plumber for verification. Once this is done, and the resident contacts the City, we will notify Waste Management to pick up the refrigerator/freezer on their second pickup day.
- Waste Management will not pick up any hazardous materials, including paint, oils, gases, etc.
- Waste Management will not pick up construction materials. It is the responsibility of the homeowner or contractor to dispose of construction materials. City ordinance – Section 66-44.
- Large/bulk items will be picked up on the second pickup day of the week. Example: Couches, mattresses, furniture, etc. It will help to notify Waste Management when these items will be placed out at curbside. Items should be placed at curbside next to garbage (do not place in street or on/in front of storm drains).
Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Tel: 601-824-4579 or 601-825-8421
Call After Hours: 601-825-7225 (Brandon Police Dispatch)