Street Resurfacing Projects Underway!! This morning contractors began performing activities to kick-off two street resurfacing projects in the City of Brandon. The Public Works Department received bids for Overby Street & Sunset Drive Street Resurfacing Project which will consist of resurfacing of Overby Street from Sunset Dr. to Jasper St. and Sunset Dr. from Overby St. to Louis Wilson Rd. 50% of this project is funded by federal funds received through MDOT. Bids were also received for the 2015 Street Resurfacing Project which will consist of resurfacing various streets throughout the City. Street to be resurfacing for both projects include:
- Overby Street from Sunset Dr. to Jasper St.
- Sunset Dr. from Overby St. to Louis Wilson Rd.
- Howsan Cir. from Sunset Dr. to Cul-de-sac
- Glen Arbor from Louis Wilson Dr. to Cul-de-sac
- Frontage Rd. from Hwy 80 to Hwy 80
- Shiloh Park Drive at Shiloh Park
- Pecan Blvd. from Value Rd. to Prince Dr.
- McCormick Cv. From Pecan Blvd. to Cul-de-sac
- Spencer Dr. from Pecan Blvd. to Pecan Cir.
- Prince Dr. from Spencer Dr. to Cul-de-sac
- Trip Dr. from Pecan Blvd. to Prince Dr.
- Zane Dr. from Pecan Blvd. to Prince Dr.
- City Park parking lot
- Remington Dr. from Easthaven Dr. to Winchester Ln.
- Winchester Ln. from Remington Dr. to Cul-de-sac
Traffic control devices will be in place during the project while work is being performed on each street. The City appreciates your patience when driving through the area. If you have any questions please contact the Public Works Department at 601-824-4579 or 601-825-8421.