The City of Brandon is responsible for providing solid waste collection and disposal for its residents. The City of Brandon is currently contracted with Waste Management for garbage pickup services for residential customers throughout the City. Solid waste collection services are offered twice a week per household. Solid waste charges are billed monthly to each residence by the City of Brandon.
Commercial properties and businesses are responsible for contracting their own solid waste collection and disposal services. Commercial properties and businesses will need to contact a solid waste collection company directly for services. The City of Brandon does NOT provide or oversee commercial solid waste services.
SOLID WASTE HOLIDAY PICKUP INFORMATION
Waste Management does NOT run solid waste pickup services on the following holidays. Regularly scheduled solid waste pickup for these holidays will NOT be made up and resumes on the next regularly scheduled pickup day for that route.
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
- New Year’s Day
Solid waste pickup is scheduled as normal for all other holidays throughout the year.
Please see additional information below regarding household garbage pickup & debris pickup.
Please contact the City of Brandon Public Works Department at (601) 824-4579 or email@example.com with any questions regarding garbage or limb & yard debris pickup and disposal.
- Garbage routes are ran between 7:00am and 7:00pm unless specified otherwise by Waste Management or the City of Brandon.
- Garbage MUST be placed at the curb or end of driveway by 7:00am on your pickup day to ensure pickup.
- Garbage shall not be placed at the curb or end of driveway prior to the night before the scheduled pickup date. Empty containers MUST be removed from curb or end of driveway after pickup is completed.
- Garbage MUST be placed within storage bags to prevent spillage, entry by animals, or the seepage of water into them. Loose trash inside containers will NOT be picked up.
- Waste Management will pick up bagged leaves, brush, small debris trimmings, bagged grass clippings, and limbs that meet the requirements set forth below. These items MUST be placed alongside your household trash in order for Waste Management to pick them up.
- White goods and certain other large items are picked up by Waste Management on your second pickup day of the week. To assist Waste Management in preparing for the pickup of larger items, please contact the City of Brandon Public Works Department prior to placing these items at the curb. The City of Brandon will contact Waste Management to place a pickup ticket for these items.
- Waste Management is contracted by the City of Brandon to pick up limbs and certain debris per the guidelines listed below. The City of Brandon does NOT run their own limb & tree trucks.
- Trees will NOT be picked up by the City of Brandon or Waste Management. It is the responsibility of the homeowner to dispose of cut trees.
- Waste Management will pick up limbs and small trimmings on your first pick up day of the week.
- Limbs can be no longer than 5 feet long & 8 inches in diameter for Waste Management to pick up.
- Individual limb piles should be stacked no higher than 3 feet in height and should be no larger than 60 pounds.
- Place bundled or bagged limbs and trimmings on the curb next to your regular household garbage for pickup.
- DO NOT place any debris in the street or curb. This causes drainage issues.
- There shall be no construction material within limb piles for pickup.
- Limbs placed at curb that are not in compliance with these guidelines shall not be picked up. Code enforcement will contact residences with compliance issues to resolve.
- Trees and limbs cut by a contractor are the responsibility of the contractor to remove per city ordinance – Section 66-45.
Curbside Leaf Pickup Services – City of Brandon
- Leaves must be raked to the curbside of the property by the resident.
- Remove all other debris from the leaf pile. The pile cannot contain any limbs, rocks, bricks, concrete, or other debris. All non-leaf debris will be left for the property owner to clean up.
- Place leaves in a tight pile(s) within 2 to 10 feet of the curb for ease of pickup.
- Submit a request to the Public Works Department for pickup.
- DO NOT place leaves in the street or curb. This causes drainage issues.
- DO NOT put leaves in containers or bags for curbside pickup. Any leaves in bags can be placed next to your household garbage for pickup by Waste Management. See information below.
Bagged Leaves or Other Trimmings – Waste Management
- Waste Management will pick up bagged leaves and other trimmings, including grass & garden debris, on the first pickup day of the week. Place bagged debris at the curb next to your regular household garbage for pickup.
- Waste Management will only pick up 3-5 bags of debris at a time. If more than this is left out for pickup, it will likely be left to the following pick up day or week.
- DO NOT place bagged leaves or debris in the street or curb. This causes drainage issues.
- The City of Brandon and Waste Management will NOT pick up construction debris resulting from construction, remodeling, repair, or demolition operations on homes, buildings, or other structures. This includes, but is not limited to, the following material.
- Roofing materials
- Landscape materials
- Tree Removal
- Fencing Materials
- The homeowner will be responsible for disposal of such debris.